- Manual therapy techniques such as mobilization or manipulation
- McKenzie exercises for back pain and sciatica
- Postural retraining and general conditioning
- Patient education in proper body mechanics and techniques to prevent injury
- Electrotherapy modalities such as Shockwave, ultrasound, or laser
Physiotherapy can be used for a treatment of wide range of conditions. For example, patients who have undergone surgery will often seek physiotherapy treatment to help with recovery, while others may undergo physiotherapy to prevent disability. Stroke victims will use physiotherapy as part of their post-stroke rehabilitation.
Many professional and amateur athletes will see a physiotherapist in order to recover from their injuries or prevent injuries from occurring in the first place, since physiotherapy can be used as a preventive medicine.